What are the best reusable Ice cubes?
Who doesn’t love a cold drink with the sound of ice hitting the glass as you sway your drink around? Ice cubes have been around forever. Remember the ice age? However, now, you can get reusable ice cubes, but do you really need them for your zero waste lifestyle?
If you have been following me for a while, you probably know that I try to find better alternatives to plastic wherever I go, which is no different when it comes to reusable ice cubes.
There are plenty of reusable ice cube alternatives on Amazon with great ranking, but, seriously would you put something with batteries into your precious drink?
Yeah, me neither. Especially when made from plastic, some even have a gel inside that could leak into your drink. No thanks, I like my health.
So really, there are only 3 reusable ice cubes that I am using, and this is them:
Stone Ice cubes
- Whiskey Chilling Stones are the new great and innovative way to keep your whiskey or fine beverage of choice cool without watering it down.
- These stones are the perfect ice substitute.
- Please place them in the freezer and wait. In just hours, they are ready to use. Unlike regular ice cubes, whiskey stones do not melt and dilute your drink.
- Freeze for about 2-4 hours before use.
- They won’t affect the flavor of any drink.
- The solid granite stays cold, ensuring a smooth and leisurely drinking experience.
- 60ml-90ml drinks put 3pcs Whisky Stones.
- Perfect as a gift or for your next Cocktail Party!
- Size: 2cm x 2cm x 2cm (2cm³); Weight: 200g.
- Each set of Sipping Stones comes with nine finely crafted cubes made from soapstone, a safe alternative to ice.
Stainless steel Ice cubes:
1. Make sure these metal ice cubes are well rinsed.
2. Dry the stone, and keep them in the freezer for at least 2-3 hours.
3. Place cold stainless steel ice cubes/ice rocks in a glass, pour the beverage of your choice, and enjoy your perfectly cooled drink.
4. After use, rinse and dry the drinking stones and store them in the freezer.
Chill Rocks are not meant to cool a drink as quickly or as much as ice. They are intended to provide a slight chill-between 8 and 15 degrees – that will protect the taste without drowning the quality.
Never ingest or chew on the ice stones for drinks! Keep out of reach of children as they may be a choking hazard.
Stainless steel balls:
Balls of Steel – chill without dilution.
These are unique whiskey chillers with a cause. These reusable ice cubes shift your drink down to a more desirable temperature and maintain the delicate flavor balance of whiskey and other robust spirits.
Whiskeys have incredibly complex flavors; the difficulty lies in preserving the subtle flavor elements while chilling to the perfect temperature.
Using Balls of Steel whiskey coolers provides boosted flavors and creates a truly unique experience. The enjoyable experience is made possible by the perfect drop in temperature and the preservation of subtle flavors and aromas that ice destroys.
What about using “normal” ice cubes?
The water quality might be a concern for some people, so they opt for reusable ice cubes. Luckily, testing your tap water quality has become very easy and convenient with this home kit. It comes with everything you need to ensure that the water you and your family drink is high quality.
If your water tastes good, then grab yourself a stainless steel tray and keep making those beautiful ice cubes.
If you live in a big city, your water is most likely full of things you don’t want to put into your drink, or you have a high-quality filter system that makes your water alive again.
Do you really need to buy rocks to put in your drink?
We have been using ice for millennia, and nobody has complained about it. However, this was also before plastic became such a significant health threat.
It even rains microplastic on us now!
Some people say that the rocks don’t actually work, while others swear that they open your whiskey’s flavor better than ice.
In the end, it is up to you. As long as you get to enjoy your favorite drink, it’s all good.
Which ones do you prefer? Or do you have an even better alternative to reusable ice cubes? Let me know in the comments below.